Monday, December 19, 2011

Two computers, two distros

Hey guys I just got a peep of my future laptop. Its a Lenovo T520, brand new. It is gonna be used by my sis for next month but eventually its gonna be mine. Ever since Fedora 15 I am in love with Fedora. So its gonna be Fedora 16 on my new workhorse. I will post step by step account of my installation.

A very good friend of mine requested me to covert his old aging desktop to a linux desktop. I haven't seen the dino but have promised to give a Linux PC for him. He is a complete computer illiterate so are his kids. I am gonna install a noob-proof distro Linux Mint for him. I will post his experinces with it as soon as he uses it and likes it.

Wish me luck...

1 comment:

  1. Good luck, not that you'll need it.
    Over the last few years, I've found solving friends' problems with their machines, is to convert to Linux. Result? Invariably happiness.

    ReplyDelete